BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, July 13, 2009

Day 6: One minute play

Possibly the best phone conversation happened to me today while at work. I will take some notes from "The Rambler" and do a little one minute play:

Me: Free health clinic this is S, how may I help you?
Elphaba: It's me again (Elphie calls at least 4 times each day that I happen to work. I believe that she enjoys listening to my melodic voice when I answer the phone, or it could be she may actually need something. Who knows?)
Me: Hey
E: Could you do me a favor?
M: mmm, ok
E: *giggles* Could you get a hold of maintenance...*pause*...and let them know we need some sanitary napkin disposal containers in the women's bathroom? Do you know where I mean?
M: I'm not sure I do.
E: You know, where women put their sanitary napkin disposals?
M: Are you talking about the vending machine?
E: *laughs* No, where they throw them away.
M: Oh, ah, I see. The brown bags in the stalls?
E: That's right.
M: So just to clarify, you need the sanitary napkins' brown bags refilled in the ladies' bathroom?
E: *struggles to answer* Yes
M: *laughs* Ok
E: *laughs* Thanks
M: No problem. Bye.

END SCENE

Frankly, it was quite amusing. Who knew I would talk about feminine hygiene products today?

I also realized today that I could most likely be an office spy. The Pamphleteer actually pointed this out to me when I first started. She said that since I was so quiet (I know, right) I must be the office spy. Well, I suppose I could be. I hear secret whispers all the time, and not until well into the conversation do they realize that I could potentially hear and shut the door. You have to realize that I do have rather good hearing. Today I overhear Blanche telling Barney Fife that she should have enough employees if Glinda the Good Witch stops scaring people away. While Glinda may be my friend, I do have to say that even if I were an outside observer I would still agree with Glinda's actions. If you hire someone, give them their duties and job descriptions, does that person not have a responsibility to carry those duties and jobs out? If that person neither fulfills the employers' expectations nor does diddly squat, should they not be reprimanded? Since it seems to me that Blanche herself does not act in the way befitting a supervisor (nor any sort of employee one would want to have) perhaps she sympathizes with these slackers. Oh Glinda, S is on your side...

Call me for sanitary napkin disposal units,
~S

0 comments: