BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, June 29, 2009

Day 2: Personal calls and smoke breaks

My summer job is not the best situation; I like to describe it as the "Second Ring of Hell!" I'm your typical low-level secretary who has to practically get a call from the Governor in order to receive respect/acknowledgment from the upper-tier workers. Luckily for me, my immediate boss is a friend of mine. My main supervisor (who shall be known as Blanche) could possibly be described as an emotional basket case. On one occasion she has broken down in front of me, and there was another where I could hear her crying...one wonders why you do not leave your problems at home. Working at a Free Clinic would also make one think that anyone would take good care of themselves...ooooo nooo! In fact, the amount of smoking breaks that 75% of the employees take probably add up to one full day of work. In my attempt to rebel, I sometimes decide to read, or take a short break, perhaps surf the internet, so that I may equalize the free time the others get (I am within that small 25% and do not smoke).

On special days, my supervisor may say to me "I'm going on my lunch, and when I come back I'm going to work really hard!" Um...shouldn't you be working hard anyways??? Today Blanche learned that the Clinic's inventory is due Friday. WHOOPS!!! Well, you know, when something like that is due, what else does one do but take personal calls? I mean, they really make the time fly and help you be really productive! *sarcasm*

Now, who am I to judge, right? I pretty much call names and jot down notes...but let's be honest, I try to do the best I can because the work I do is important and it should be treated respectfully. Now where can I find a cigarette...

0 comments: